*** Please note: This event is in the past. ***
Balazs scholar, Belu Jakabhazi, delivering a reflection at the “Evocative Edges” release and dinner party
Starr King School for the Ministry invites you to be our guest and bring a guest for breakfast and lively conversation on progressive theological education in the 21st century. Starr King School is re-imagining how to best prepare people for ministry in these times. Our new educational model advances Unitarian Universalist values, including our commitments to counter-oppressive education and to multi-faith engagement, and opens the school to fresh ways of engaging a diverse student body.
At the breakfast you will learn:
- about the school’s vibrant new educational model
- about the school’s outstanding track-record in preparing people for Unitarian Universalist ministries and progressive religious leadership for society
- about opportunities for grads, donors, and seminarians at non-UU schools to participate in our courses and intensives
- about how your support can help us turn our $500,000 matching gift into $1,000,000
- about how to apply or encourage someone to apply for a Starr King degree program
Come hear how you can be a part of the next generation at Starr King School!
Sunday, June 29th, 2008 • 7:00 — 8:15 a.m
Ft. Lauderdale Grande • Grande Ballroom ABCD
Rev. Dr. Rebecca Parker
President and Professor of Theology
Starr King needs your help! Click here to donate using our secure, online giving server.
Projected photographs by Jodi Tharan, as printed in the 3rd volume of Starr King’s student journal, “Evocative Edges.”