Students who will be paying tuition next year may be eligible for Financial Aid. Starr King awards financial aid to M.Div. and MASC students with need who are paying tuition and request assistance. Graduate Theological Union M.A. students affiliated with Starr King are also eligible to receive financial aid. To apply for financial aid, contact the GTU Financial Aid Office which administers loan applications.
The first steps are to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Financial Aid Application for Domestic Students. For information on financial aid deadlines, events and requirements, visit the Financial Aid Office web page at http://www.gtu.edu/admissions/financial-aid. If you have any questions pertaining these two items, please contact the SKSM/GTU Consortial Financial Aid Office at (510) 649-2469 or email@example.com.
Starr King Institutional Tuition Scholarships are awarded through an internal process by the Scholarship Committee, a subcommittee of the Admissions and Scholarship Committee. The Scholarship Committee considers the financial need of each applicant as well as the school’s commitment to educating to counter oppressions and our desire to manifest a just, multiracial, multicultural learning community. Students apply for financial aid during the spring semester to receive assistance for the following academic year. The school is approved for federally guaranteed student loans and veteran’s benefits.
Starr King’s financial aid resources include:
- Endowed scholarship funds
- Unitarian Universalist Association scholarship funds
- Other (non-UUA) scholarship funds
- John Buehrens Scholarship
- Tsubaki Grand Shrine Scholarship
- Balázs Scholarship (awarded every year to a Unitarian minister from Transylvania for a year of study at Starr King School)
- Institutional Tuition Scholarship Awards
- Growth and Learning stipends
- Federal Work Study funds
- Federally guaranteed student loans and veterans benefits
- Scholarships and grants from sources beyond the school
- In addition to the above funds, the school regularly solicits gifts and grants for student tuition scholarship awards.
For Starr King Institutional Tuition Scholarships, you must complete the following:
- File the 2014-15 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with the federal processor online at www.fafsa.gov. Please note the following:
- If applicable, use estimated 2013 information if you have not yet filed a federal income tax return and then update the information once you complete your taxes or use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) of the FAFSA, if eligible.
- The SKSM federal school code is G04080;
- Complete and return the 2014-2015 Domestic Student Financial Aid Application to the Consortial Financial Aid Office;
- Complete and return the Starr King Institutional Tuition Scholarship Application and return to Student Accounts Manager, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The table below shows the expected timelines for the Starr King ITSAs for the 2014 -2015 academic year.
Deadline (Fall-1st Review)
|Letters out to students||5/1-5/14 2014|
Deadline (Fall-2nd Review)
|Letters out to students||8/1-8/14 2014|
Deadline (Spring-1st Review)
|Letters out to students||12/1-12/14 2014|
Feel free to contact our Finance Director, Anita Narang email@example.com, with any questions regarding Student Financials or more information on the process for Starr King-Institutional Tuition Scholarships.