Starr King is now a member institution of the Digital Theological Library 2 (DTL2), a co-owned online library for theology and graduate religious studies. Through DTL2, SKSM has joined the second cohort of twenty graduate schools to utilize a DTL database. DTL2 offers tens of thousands of journals and hundreds of thousands of books across multiple disciplines, extending beyond religious studies to include other fields in the humanities as well as the sciences.
The use of the DTL2 is pretty intuitive, but you can view tutorials here. The tutorial videos show the original DTL, but the differences between the two libraries are cosmetic.
How to Log In
- Go to https://dtl2.libguides.com
- Browse for an item in one of the menus at the bottom of the page or enter a term in the search box.
- Users can browse without logging in. You will be prompted to log in upon selecting a specific resource. You will see a blue button with text such as “View Full Text” or “Access E-book.”
- When you click on that button, it opens a login page. Please select Starr King School for the Ministry from the dropdown list for schools. For “Barcode or Student ID” you will enter your Populi barcode.
- To find your barcode, login to Populi and click on “My Profile.” Look at the web address for that page and you will see your barcode provided there; e.g.: https://sksm.populiweb.com/router/contacts/people/12345678/show
- Please contact the registrar if you are still unable to locate your barcode.
- Once you are logged in, you will remain so during your current browser session.
You will be able to schedule Zoom consultations with the reference librarian as an individual or for group projects or whole-class sessions.
Starr King has also contracted with DTL2 for the services of a reference librarian, Chris Crawford.
Chris can be emailed at email@example.com.
If necessary, Zoom meetings can also be scheduled using the following link: https://calendly.com/dtlreference.
The reference librarian’s office hours are 8 am –12 pm PT during the work week.