Over the summer, the grandson of Dr. William S. Morgan – Mr. George Clark – reached out to us about donating his grandfather’s 122-year-old Beckwith player piano to the school.
Dr. Morgan was involved with Starr King School for the Ministry beginning in 1910. He was a professor, secretary of the faculty, acting Dean between 1924-1925, and became President in 1931. This was when the school was still known as Pacific Unitarian School of Religion. He also earned his Doctorate of Theology from the school.
The piano, cabinet, and music rolls that Mr. Clark donated have been safely moved to their new home in the Vera Long Building of Mills College.