Where there’s a will…there’s a way to help!
If you are interested in helping Starr King with our mission of educating the next generation of Unitarian Universalist and multi-religious leaders, the simplest, most flexible and most versatile way to ensure we can continue our work for years to come is a gift in your will or living trust, known as a charitable bequest.
By including a bequest to Starr King School for the Ministry in your will or living trust, you are ensuring that we can carry the message of liberal religion into the future. To include SKSM in your will or living trust, download our Sample Bequest Language and customize it to your wishes. You can then provide this language to your attorney for inclusion in your will or living trust.
There are numerous options when it comes to bequests:
- General Bequests are legacies left to certain people or causes that come from the general value of the estate, and are made by designating a specific dollar amount, a particular asset or a fixed percentage of your estate to the cause of your choice.
- Specific Bequests are made when a particular item or property is bequeathed for a designated purpose. For instance, you could designate your bequest to create a scholarship fund or a faculty support fund at SKSM.
- Residuary Bequests are made when you intend to leave the residue portion of your assets after other terms of the will have been satisfied. (Residuary bequests can be general or specific.)
- Contingency Bequests allow you to leave a portion of your estate to a particular charity if your named beneficiary does not survive you. (Contingency bequests can be general or specific.)
- Document Your Wishes: Download our SKSM Planned Gift Letter of Intent so that SKSM will know about your generous gift and can make sure your wishes are recorded.