Executive Assistant to the President
STARR KING SCHOOL FOR THE MINISTRY
2441 LeConte Ave, Berkeley, CA 94709
Executive Assistant to the President
This position reports to the President
40 hours a week
Monday through Friday
Salary commensurate with experience
Position open until filled
Starr King School for the Ministry, recognized as a leader in progressive theological education, is in search for its next Executive Assistant to the President. The successful candidate will help to maintain and organize the Office of the President in service to the life and work of the school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the President’s calendar for both efficacy and sustainability, including arranging travel schedule and reservations, and prepare detailed itineraries, for the President and others, as appropriate; maintaining materials from meetings related to the President’s commitments; communicating and handle incoming and outgoing e-mail and regular mail, reviewing communications with President for appropriate response or follow-up.
- Maintain memberships in a variety of organizations for both the President and Starr King School; update membership rosters and contact information of faculty and staff.
- Serve as the initial point of contact with faculty, staff, donors, students and trustees, anticipate concerns and act to resolve difficult situations while maintaining effective rapport with all parties.
- Act as a resource to students, faculty, trustees and staff, and manage confidential matters with sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Coordinate and make arrangements for board oftrusteesmeetings, including managing all logistics, hospitality, transportation needs, agendas, and board packets/reports.
- Develop and coordinate event and meeting agendas, materials, invitations, and preparation as required, for conference, events, etc.
- Coordinate logistical arrangements to ensure seamless presentation of events such as special lecture series (i.e. honorary degree recipients, lunch and learn, etc.).
- Coordinate and arrange miscellaneous details for special events and committees such as obtaining books for sale, assistance with room assignments, hospitality, and provision of administrative support (such as preparing written materials, copies, etc.).
- Serve as the point person, and primary organizing force, for several school events throughout the year, including board meetings, commencement and General Assembly, among others.
- Serve as coordinator and convener of Campaign Team meetings, including preparation of agendas, annual meeting calendar, notebooks, binders, and other needed materials.
- Ensure that databases are maintained to include updates from the President, including any communications with donors – email, telephone, in person, handwritten cards/notes, or otherwise.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Above all else, the successful candidate will possess excellent organizational skills, strong writing capabilities and the capacity to manage multiple projects. The ability to successfully work with and collaborate with others is essential, as are strong professional boundaries, a sense of humor, strategic thinking and planning skills, and a creative attitude.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree is required. Candidates must demonstrate experience working on Microsoft Suite, in particular Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Candidates with executive assistant experience and/or higher education experience are preferred. The ability to work effectively with many diverse constituencies and audiences should be evident. Other important characteristics include a strong work ethic, high standards for excellence, personal integrity, and emotional intelligence. The person must embody values of caring, compassion, justice, integrity, and competence, and be capable of treating all members of the school community with fairness, dignity, and respect.
The President of the School
- All Staff Members
- Faculty Members
- Members of the Board of Trustees
This job description is intended as a guide for the performance of your job and it is not a contract of employment. The School retains the discretion to modify this job description at any time.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to:
Starr King School for the Ministry
2441 LeConte Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94709
Email: Employment@sksm.edu (PDF or MS Word documents only, please)
Fax: (510) 845-6273
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE. We would like to thank everyone in advance for applying; however, only those candidates selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Starr King School for the Ministry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons from traditionally underrepresented populations are especially encouraged to apply.