Student Body Fee:
$20.00 per semester
SKSM fee per credit:
SKSM tuition is $875 per credit (starting Summer 2022).
This fee applies to the following students:
Master of Divinity
M.Div. requires the completion of 90 credits.
Master of Arts in Social Change
MASC requires the completion of 48 credits.
Certificates (UU Studies or Multi-Religious Studies)
Starr King’s certificate programs are open to Special Students and to Degree Students. The certificate programs require the completion of 18 credits.
Special Students (i.e. students who are not currently matriculated in an SKSM degree program) may register through Starr King to take a Starr King course (residential, intensive, immersion, or online). The tuition is the same as a Degree Student.
Total degree Tuition must be paid in full 30 days prior to graduation.
Tuition Transition Summer Cash Flow Challenge
Personalized Payment Plan
Please register for your Summer Intensives as planned.
Continuing M.Div. and MASC students lacking access to Federal Student Loans until Fall 2022 and who have difficulty paying the fee per credit for 2022 Summer Semester classes may set up a Personalized Payment Plan with SKSM.
Please contact Owais Qureshi at email@example.com by June 20 to set up your Personalized Payment Plan.
Institutional Scholarships can also be used for Summer Intensives.
Once a student registers for their course(s), they will automatically be billed for the amount of units to be acquired from the course(s). After completing your registration for any given semester, you will be able to pay for your courses using Student Planning. Tuition must be paid in full by the end of Late Registration or a payment plan must be in place.
Credit Card, Check, Cash, E-Check, and Money Order Payments
- Online through Populi by credit card
- By mailing check or money order (made payable to “Starr King School for the Ministry”) at:
- Starr King School for the Ministry
c/o Student Accounts Manager
5000 MacArthur Blvd. PMB #9937
Oakland, CA 94613
- Starr King School for the Ministry
- In person by check, cash, or money order with Owais Qureshi, Student Accounts Manager. Credit cards cannot be accepted in person.
Minimum Credits for Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP) and Student Loans
For purposes of federally-supported financial aid programs, to receive full-time benefits a student must be enrolled for a minimum of 9 credits each principal term (i.e. Fall, Intersession/Spring, and/or Summer). To receive part-time benefits, a student must be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credits each principal term (i.e. Fall, Intersession/Spring, and Summer). Students who take fewer than 6 credits in a principal term may enter repayment for loans and are not eligible for loans within that semester.
Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) purchased from Starr King School is not available to anyone taking fewer than 6 credits in a principal term.
Tuition Refund Policy
If a student withdraws or is dismissed by the faculty from a Starr King degree program during any term of instruction, (Summer, Fall, Intersession, or Spring), they may be eligible for a refund of tuition they have paid that term. The Student Accounts Manager will calculate any tuition refund owed to the student based on the withdrawal date as follows.
For semester-length courses (ten weeks or longer):
- Prior to the end of General Registration: full refund of tuition due for the semester.
- During the 1st week of classes: full refund less withdrawal fee of $100 per course.
- During the 2nd week of classes: 80% of tuition paid that term.
- During 3rd, 4th and 5th week of classes: 50% of tuition paid that term.
- During 6th and 7th weeks of classes: 25% of tuition paid that term.
- After the 8th week: no refund.
**For Oregon residents: During 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th week of classes: 50% of tuition paid that term. After the 8th week: no refund.
**For Washington residents: After the 5th week: no refund
For intensive and intermediate-length courses (1-9 weeks):
- By the conclusion of the 1st day of instruction: full refund of tuition.
- By the conclusion of the 2nd day of instruction: 80% of course tuition.
- By the conclusion of the 3rd day of instruction: 50% of course tuition.
- After the 3rd day of instruction: no refund.
An individual may contact the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education for review of a complaint. The Bureau may be contacted at 2535 Capital Oak Drive Suite 400 – Sacramento, CA 95833 or www.bppe.ca.gov/enforcement/complaint.shtml
Tel: 916.431.6959 – Fax: 916.263.1897
For Washington State residents seeking information and resources about student loan repayment or seeking to submit a complaint relating to your student loans or student loan servicer, please visit www.wsac.wa.gov/loan-advocacy or contact the Student Loan Advocate at firstname.lastname@example.org.