Presidential Search - Starr King School for the Ministry
Presidential Search Committee
l-r, standing: Jay Leach, Jenny Weil, Glenn Farley,
Sofia Betancourt, Gary Smith, Abbey Tennis;
l-r, seated: Jo Sanzgiri, Dan McKanan, Jiwon Chung.
Search Team Profiles
Greetings from the Presidential Search Committee,
For the first time in twenty five years, Starr King School is in search for a new president.
For a one page summary of the desired qualifications of the new President and how to apply or make a nomination, see the Position Description.
To go more in depth about the school, its history and this current opportunity, see the 12-page Opportunity Profile.
For a reflection of Rev. Dr. Rebecca Parker's gifted leadership of the school over the past quarter century, please see Board Chair Fred Garcia's message from June, 2013.
To learn more about the Presidential Search Committee appointed and charged by the Chair of the Board of Trustees, Fred Garcia, see the Search Team Profiles, as well as the Charge to the Search Committee and the Search Schedule.
The larger the pool of quality candidates, the higher the probability of a successful search process.
Have a nominee to recommend? Encourage them to apply!
Interested in Applying? See instructions below.
As Hyatt-Fennell is assisting the school, please submit nominations and applications via email
to Cheryl Hyatt at:
The ideal candidate qualifications:
- a graduate degree appropriate for the leadership of a theological school;
- a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience that includes increasing responsibility;
- demonstrated success in a leadership role; an imaginative understanding of theological education and its future; experience in strategic planning; and the skills necessary to manage a complex and dynamic organization.
- religious depth, exemplary integrity, intellectual acumen and curiosity, a proven personal commitment to justice and equity, exceptional oral and written communication skills, and a commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the school.
Application materials include:
- a focused letter of interest, including your philosophy of leadership and vision for theological education,
- a current résumé/CV,
- contact information for five references.
The position is open until filled. Priority given to those applications received before January 10, 2014. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential. Starr King School for the Ministry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons from traditionally under-represented populations are especially encouraged to apply.
In Grace and Gratitude,
Starr King Presidential Search Committee