In January of 2008, the Board of Trustees established a set of strategic goals:
- Design and implement a new educational model
- Plan and pursue short and long‐range fundraising goals and financial strategies
- Develop and implement strategies for recruitment and marketing
- Re‐organize and revitalize the board of trustees
- Upgrade and integrate new technologies for education, communication and administration.
President Rebecca Parker introduced and explained these goals in her Message from the President, February 2008 e-newsletter.
In 2010, Starr King School received a ten year renewal (maximum term) of accreditation, with no notations, from the Association of Theological Schools Commission on Accrediting. The text of the ATS accreditation renewal letter and report, with recommendations, can be read here: ATS letter and report 2010.
Official Statement of Accreditation by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools
Starr King School for the Ministry is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, and the following degree programs are approved:
- MDiv, MA in Social Change
- Approved for a Comprehensive Distance Education Program
The Commission contact information is:
The Commission on Accrediting of the Association
of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275 USA