Date(s) - 11/03/2014
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Come and attend a special lecture by our Guest Lecturer and this semester’s Balázs Scholar, Szabolcs (Szabi) Czire from the Protestant Theological Institute of Kolozsvár, Romania, speaking about “Historical Jesus: a countercultural prophet for today.”
- Why were the parables subversive, or the open table fellowships scandalous?
- How did the instant healings challenge the purity system?
- What did it mean to have women disciples, and present a father-God with feminine imagery?
- In what way was the eschatological teaching shockingly new?
- Why could this be seen as a radical non-violent movement?
These questions and more will be answered on November 3rd, from 5:30 to 7 PM in the Fireside Room.
Light refreshments will be served.