Starr King’s 5th Annual Symposium, will be held starting with at dinner at SKSM on Mon. Aug. 29 at 5pm & Tues., Aug. 30, 2016 from 9am – 7pm at the First Unitarian Church of Oakland (FUCO).
- This urban retreat is an annual gathering of our entire student body, faculty, staff and trustees for a day of learning, ritual, celebration, food, music, community-building and service.
- This 2016 Symposium is convened by Dean Gabriella Lettini in collaboration with other SKSM faculty and community leaders. Starr King students are requested to enroll.
- Graduates are warmly invited to participate.
- Several public events in connection with the Symposium are open to all.
- This course is required for all SKSM students. 1.5 units of credit will be given to students who are currently enrolled in a degree program.
- Students please note: This is a two (2) step process: (1) Enroll for the Symposium as a course through this SKSM website/Web Advisor to ensure course credit (see How to Register for a Starr King Course); AND (2) Complete a separate online registration form on the SKSM Symposium website (www.sksmsymposium.org) for event needs (including reg. type, dietary & special needs).
- In order to obtain credit, students must read all required readings before Symposium, SIGN the attendance roster for each event, and be active in large and small group discussions. Students please go to the SKSM Symposium website (www.sksmsymposium.org) under Symposium Leaders tab and select “Recommended Reading” section on that website to see what reading is required before Symposium.
- In addition, students are asked to work at least ONE work shift before or during Symposium. Making certain that you are signed in is the student’s responsibility.
- Everyone is required to complete the separate online Registration Form on the SKSM Symposium (www.sksmsymposium.org) website, so we can prepare for your presence and address any special needs.
For further information, please contact Dee Ward, Coordinator of Academic Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org).